December 1, 2014
This is a full volume boil yielding 5 gallons of American Style IPA. Expected I.G. of 1.075 and F.G. of 1.019 for a 7.5% beer.
6 lb Marris Otter Liquid Malt Extract
3.15 lb Marris Otter Liquid Malt Extract
3.00 lb Briess Caramel 20L
6 oz Cascade Hops
American Ale Yeast
1. Collect 6.5 Gallons of water and start heating.
2. Place the 3.00 lb Briess Caramel 20L in a straining bag, and steep until 170 Degree Fahrenheit, or 20 minutes whichever happens first.
3. Once boiling add Marris Otter Liquid Malt Extract
4. Boil for 60 Minutes
5. Hop Schedule:a. 2oz Cascade 60 minute
b. 1oz Cascade 45 minute
c. 1oz Cascade 30 minute
d. 1oz Cascade 15 minute
6. After 60 minute boil, cool to fermenting temperature as rapidly as possible. And transfer to primary fermenting vessel.
7. Add 1oz Cascade dry hop in primary fermenting vessel.
8. After a week transfer to secondary fermenting vessel, let sit for a few 2 weeks, bottle and enjoy.
Most Users Ever Online: 30
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:ozvacate, Taniya, AleneBrewing, Bere03, gauderio, Butterfly, shakeysean123, assignmenthelpexperts, farihaeva73, Tracyburnett
Administrators: Rionoskae: 44